Whenever data is lost or deleted on your Windows computer, it will be moved to the recycle bin. You can retrieve the deleted data from the recycle bin. If the deleted data is not in the recycle bin, you have to use any third-party data recovery software to get back your lost or deleted data. Data recovery software is an application that is used to recover all types of data, even if the data is deleted due to a virus attack, hard drive failure, or any other reasons.These are some of the best software to recover lost or deleted data on Windows.
Disk Drill is compatible with both Windows and Mac. You can recover archived, hidden, and compressed files using this software.
System requirements of Disk Drill
Features of Disk Drill
- Restores all file formats.
- Supports all file systems.
- Retrieve any undamaged storage device.
- Support the FAT, NTFS, HFS+, and EXT4 file systems.
- Restores documents, videos, archives, music, and photos.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
It is one of the best software to recover lost or deleted data on Windows. It restores data from various devices such as PC, laptop, hard drive, pen drive, digital camera, video player, etc.
Functions of EaseUS
- Accidentally deleted file recovery.
- Formatted recovery.
- Virus attack recovery.
- Hard drive damage.
- Recycle bin empty data recovery.
- OS crash recovery.
- Lost partition recovery.
- RAM partition recovery.
System requirements of EaseUS
- Windows XP+ or Windows 2000+
- RAM - 128 MB
Features of EaseUS
- Restores data from different loss situations.
- Supports various file types like documents, videos, audios, graphics, virus attacks, and so on.
- Supports the FAT, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ext2/ext3, HFS+, ReFS file systems.
Another software to recover lost or deleted data on Windows is Wondershare Recoverit. It has the Preview option to preview the file before recovery.
System Requirements of Recoverit
Windows and Mac
Features of Recoverit
- Restores deeply hidden videos.
- Repairs different file formats.
- Repairs multiple videos simultaneously.
- Retrieves data even from a crashed PC.
Stellar Data Recovery
It is the best software to recover lost or deleted data for both consumers and businesses. It works with PC, laptop, mobile phone, flash drive, memory card, and other external storage devices.
Features of Stellar
- Restores photos, videos, and audio files even from SD cards, CF cards, and USB sticks.
- Recovers deleted photos, videos, contacts, messages, calendar, and call history from iOS devices.
Advanced Disk Recovery
You can easily retrieve deleted, formatted, or lost data. You can save the recovered data in its original location without overwriting.
System Requirements of Advanced Disk Recovery
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP
Features of Advanced Disk Recovery
- Compatible with all file formats.
- Supports external memory cards, USB, SSD, and hard drives.
Other best data recovery software
A list of other best software to recover lost or deleted data on Windows is given below for your reference.
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery
- R-Studio Data Recovery Software
- PC Inspector File Recovery
- Wise Data Recovery
- Undelete 360
Recover data using a data recovery software
The general steps to use data recovery software are provided here.
- Download and install a reliable third-party data recovery software on your Windows computer.
- Open the installed software and follow the prompts to restore the data.
- Note: You can use any of the above-mentioned best software to recover lost or deleted data on Windows.