Data Recovery Cannot Be Completed iPad
Fix: Data Recovery Cannot Be Completed Ipad
When the “Data recovery cannot be completed iPad” error message appears, you won’t be able to start your iPad properly. Carry out the steps given below to resolve the issue.
- Put your iPad on the recovery mode in order to restore your device.
- Restart your iPad, and if you see the Apple logo and the screen is stuck, you can go to recovery mode.
- You have to connect your iPad to a Mac device to restore your iPad.
- If your iTunes application is not up-to-date, update it to the latest version from the App Store.
- Open Finder on macOS Catalina 10.15. If you have macOS 10.14 or earlier versions, open the iTunes app.
- Connect your iPad to your Mac device using a USB cable.
- Now, wait until the recovery mode screen displays. Then, press the Home button and side button together until you go to the recovery mode.
- If your iPad has a Face ID, press the Volume Up button and release it. Now, press the Top button and hold it until the device restarts. Hold the Top button until you enter into the recovery mode.
- Your device will be automatically detected on your Mac device.
- Select your device under Locations. Then, click on the Restore button.
- Wait until the software installation process gets completed.
- If you are out of the recovery mode, continue with the steps given above to enter into the recovery mode.
- Once the restoring process is complete, you can set up the iPad.
- You can also recover your device and complete the data recovery process using third-party software.
- Turn on your device and choose your language.
- Select Set Up Manually and get connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Now, enter the Apple ID and sign in to your iCloud account.
- Set up other features and turn on automatic updates