To retrieve deleted or lost data from a reformatted NTFS disk using the Data Rescue 5 software, perform the instructions given below.
- Before you begin the recovery process, select a location on your computer to save the files.
- Make sure not to save the recovered data on the disk from which the files are being recovered.
- Download & install the Data Rescue 5 recovery software on your computer.
- Open the Data Rescue 5 software on your computer once the installation process is done to Recover Data from NTFS Disk.
- Select the drive location that contained the deleted file and click the Scan button.
- Wait for the Data Rescue 5 software to complete the scan operation.
- Choose the files you want to restore from the scanned files list displayed at the end of the scan operation.
- After selecting the files, click the Recover button.
- Check and make sure that the selected files are recovered successfully.