WD My Passport is an external hard drive that is portable and can easily store various files from your computer. But sometimes, you may end up losing files due to virus threats and corrupted files. In such cases, you can recover the data from the WD Backup software. In case you haven’t created any backup using the WD Backup software, follow the steps given below to know how to Recover Data From Wd My Passport Hard Drive.
Run System File Checker
- Before you recover data, repair the corrupted files on your hard drive using System File Checker.
- Connect the hard drive to your Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- Click the Start menu, type ‘cmd’ in the search field, and hit the Enter key.
- Give a right-click on the Command Prompt app from the search results and select the Run as administrator option.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ‘sfc /scannow’ and hit the Enter key.
- Wait for the System File Checker utility to scan and repair the corrupted files on your hard drive automatically.
Recovering data using the data recovery software:
Several data recovery software, such as Recoverit, EaseUS, and Stellar Info, can recover data from your WD My Passport hard drive. Download any one of them from the Internet and save it to your computer before starting the recovery
- To begin with, connect your hard drive to your computer.
- Launch the data recovery software and choose your WD My Passport hard drive from the displayed list.
- Start scanning your drive to discover the deleted files. This scanning time depends upon the size of your hard drive.
- After completing the scan, preview and select the files you wish to recover.
- Click on Recover and specify a location to save the files to your computer.
- Once the data recovery is complete, close the data recovery software and check the files on your computer.
- Move the recovered files to your WD My Passport hard drive and check if you can access them.
- Now we have learned how to Recover Data From Wd My Passport Hard Drive