How To Recover Files From External Hard Drive Not Detected Mac
Data Recovery »
Recover Files From External Hard Drive Not Detected Mac
Fix: Recover Files From External Hard Drive Not Detected Mac
Carry out the steps that are given below how to Recover Files From External Hard Drive Not Detected Mac when connected to your device.
- Verify whether you have connected the external hard drive properly to the right port on your Mac.
- If not, unplug it and reconnect correctly.
- Check the USB cable or HDMI cable that connects the drive to the Mac. Replace the cable with a new one if it is defective.
- Sometimes, the ports on your Mac device may have hardware issues.
- In such cases, connect the drive to another port on your Mac device.
- Go to the Apple menu and select the Restart option.
- Check whether the issue is resolved.
- If you still can’t find the drive on your Mac, format the external hard drive for Mac.
- Open Finder and verify whether your drive is displayed under Devices.
- Otherwise, open Disk Utility to find your external hard drive.
- If the issue persists, reset NVRAM to fix the issue.
- Restart your Mac device and immediately press the Option+Command+P+R buttons together as the device turns on.
- Release all the buttons when you hear the Startup sound.
- If you still face the issue, install a trusted third-party data recovery software on your Mac device.
- Open the data recovery software and select the external hard drive.
- Now, the software will scan the files on the external drive.
- You can choose the type of files to be recovered in the left panel.
- Select the required files that you want to recover from the scan result. Then, click on the Recover button.
- Now, you can save the selected files to the preferred location on your Mac device. For more solutions on how To Recover Files From External Hard Drive Not Detected Mac system.