Reset Using Your Apple ID
Usually, macOS users have the option to reset an account password using an active Apple ID that is linked to their account. This will help the user to reset the password for any account type.
By default, this will be activated. If it is not activated, then you can activate password reset by:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click on Users & Groups.
- Click the checkbox next to Allow the user to reset the password using Apple ID.
Resetting Apple ID
- Firstly, restart your Mac.
- Type in the wrong password more than once.
- The third time in the login window, you will view a hint for your password with an option to reset your account password using Apple ID.
- Click the arrow key.
- Type your Apple ID and its password.
- Hit the Reset Password button.
- A warning pop-up will appear.
- Now, press the OK option to proceed further.
- Type a new password and set up a hint for your new password.
- Again, click on Reset Password to confirm.
- If these steps doesn’t work, click on the call button to get assistance from our technical experts to recover lost password on a Mac.