Recovering deleted files from Android phone with PhotoRec
PhotoRec is a recovery tool that facilitates you to recover photos and other multimedia files on your smartphone, computer or hard drive. Photorec is a free app that can be installed on your device and can recover deleted files from it. You can also use the recovery tool to retrieve the lost data from a memory card. Before you start the process, remember from which drive you have lost the file. When prompted, choose the correct drive and click the Recover button. The required files will be recovered within a few hours. To know on how to recover deleted files from Android phone with PhotoRec, follow the steps given below.
HOW CAN I RECOVER DELETED FILES FROM ANDROID PHONE MEMORY WITH PHOTOREC
- To recover the lost files from the Android phone memory, follow the step by step instructions given below.
- Power on your computer and install the Photorec recovery tool on it.
- Take a USB cord and connect it to the computer’s port.
- Connect the other terminal of the USB cord into the Android phone’s port.
- Now, run the Photorec recovery tool on your computer.
- A list of available devices such as hard drives, memory cards, removable media devices will be displayed on the home screen.
- From the list named Please Select a Media to Recover From, select your Android device from which you want to recover the lost files.
- Specify the File System Type from the list given.
- After a successful recovery, Recovery Completed message appears on the screen.
- If you select Free, it will scan for the file from unallocated space only.
- If you select Whole, it will extract the files from the whole partition.
- Now, select the folder in which you wish to store the recovered files.
- Choose the Free option to recover deleted files from the phone.
- Ensure that you choose the drive that has enough free space to save the recovered files.
- Under the File Formats section, select the file types that you want to recover.
- To start the scan process, click the Search button.
- The recovery tool starts the scanning process and displays a list of recovered files.
- Select the files that you want to recover and it will be saved automatically on the chosen folder.